CMT Project Manager
We are seeking a leader with a background in private sector and governmental construction projects to manage construction materials testing and special inspection services. As a CMT Project Manager, you will coordinate the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and sub-consultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations on every project.
What we provide for you:
- Training and continuing education
- Challenging projects
- A team approach to project management
- Leverage the latest technology
- Work in all aspects of project life cycle.
- 9/80 schedule (Note: deadlines sometimes inhibit having off every other Friday)
- The ability to speak with confidence to clients
- Organize staff and resources to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time and within the budget.
- Working with lab manager who overseas technicians
- Develop and maintain relations with new and current clients.
- Complete all reports and project documents in a timely manner meeting agreed to expectations. Organizing test results, ensuring accuracy in reports.
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the execution of engineering services.
- Mentoring/managing junior and senior CMT field and laboratory staff, and supervision of PM’s and field technicians.
- Participation in meeting the office’s business development, marketing and proposal goals.
Skills and Special Requirements:
- Foster a positive work environment in which you encourage, teach and learn; doing so will strengthen the team and contribute to the success of the projects.
- Take ownership of all that you do.
- Be approachable.
- Actively participate in your professional growth.
- Work on improvement of CMT products and processes at Gessner Engineering.
- Apply CMT principals to resolve client and project design issues.
- Must be a team leader who is self-motivated and performance driven.
- Bachelors in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in construction materials testing and inspections.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with having the ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.